Welcome to the Strike Crimes service page of Shnider Law Firm. Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to providing our clients with the legal representation and support they need when facing strike crime charges under federal and California laws.
What are Strike Crimes?
Under California’s Three Strikes Law, certain offenses are considered “strikes,” which can result in more severe penalties if an individual is convicted of multiple strikes. Strike crimes include serious and violent offenses such as murder, rape, robbery, and assault with a deadly weapon.
The Three Strikes Law mandates that individuals convicted of a second strike will receive double the sentence for the current offense, and individuals convicted of a third strike will receive a minimum sentence of 25 years to life in prison.
Understanding Strike Law:
Strike law refers to legislation that imposes enhanced penalties for individuals who commit certain serious or violent offenses. These laws aim to deter repeat offenders and impose stricter punishments for individuals with a history of violent or serious criminal convictions. In many jurisdictions, including California, strike offenses can result in longer prison sentences and limitations on parole or early release eligibility.
California and Federal Laws Regarding Strike Crimes
Gang crimes pose a significant threat to public safety, and both California state law and federal law provide a legal framework to combat and prosecute these offenses. Understanding the relevant statutes is crucial when facing strike crime charges. The following is an overview of California and Federal laws related to strike crimes:
The Three Strikes law is primarily a state law, but there are federal laws that also provide for mandatory minimum sentences for certain repeat offenders. The federal law is known as the “Three Strikes, and You’re Out” law. Under this law, certain serious or violent crimes can trigger a mandatory life sentence if the defendant has two or more prior convictions for serious or violent felonies.
In addition, the federal government also has sentencing guidelines that provide for longer sentences for repeat offenders. These guidelines are advisory, meaning that judges can deviate from them if they find mitigating or aggravating circumstances in the case.
The California Three Strikes law is one of the state’s most well-known and controversial criminal justice laws. Under this law, if a defendant has two or more prior convictions for serious or violent felonies and is then convicted of a third felony, they can be sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.
The California Three Strikes law was passed in 1994 as a response to high-profile crimes committed by repeat offenders. Since then, it has been amended several times, most recently in 2012 with Proposition 36. Proposition 36 modified the Three Strikes law so that certain non-violent, non-serious offenses no longer counted as a third strike and reduced the sentences of some prisoners serving life sentences under the law.
It’s important to note that while the California Three Strikes law is a state law, federal Three Strikes laws can apply to certain crimes committed in California. In addition, other states have their own versions of the Three Strikes law, each with its own criteria for when it applies and how it is enforced.
Building a Strong Defense Strategy:
When facing strike law charges, it is crucial to have a skilled attorney who can build a strong defense strategy to protect your rights and challenge the prosecution’s case. At Shnider Law Firm, our experienced attorneys employ a comprehensive approach to defend against strike law charges. Some key elements of our defense strategy include:
1. Case Review and Investigation: We meticulously review the details of your case, including the evidence, police reports, witness statements, and any available surveillance footage. Our team thoroughly investigates any weaknesses in the prosecution’s case or potential violations of your constitutional rights.
2. Legal Expertise: Our attorneys deeply understand strike law statutes and legal precedents. We leverage this knowledge to identify any mitigating factors, statutory defenses, or other legal strategies that can be utilized to challenge the charges and minimize the potential consequences.
3. Negotiation and Litigation: We skillfully negotiate with prosecutors to seek reduced charges or alternative sentencing options when appropriate. If a favorable resolution cannot be reached, I will vigorously represent you in court, presenting a compelling defense and challenging the prosecution’s evidence.
4. Constitutional Challenges: We examine the circumstances of your arrest, investigation, and interrogation to determine if your constitutional rights were violated. Any constitutional violations, such as unlawful search and seizure or coerced confessions, can be aggressively challenged to suppress evidence or strengthen your defense.
5. Sentencing Advocacy: In the event of a conviction, we advocate on your behalf during the sentencing phase to ensure fairness and proportionality. We present compelling arguments, mitigating factors, and evidence of your rehabilitation efforts to potentially reduce the severity of the sentencing.
At Shnider Law Firm, we take a proactive and strategic approach to each case. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling strike crime cases and are well-versed in federal and California laws.
We understand the serious consequences of a strike crime conviction, including lengthy prison sentences, high fines, and a criminal record that can impact your future employment, housing, and personal relationships. That’s why we work tirelessly to develop a comprehensive defense strategy tailored to each case’s unique circumstances.
Our attorneys will leave no stone unturned in our investigation and analysis of the evidence against you. We will work with you to identify any weaknesses in the prosecution’s case and develop a strong defense on your behalf.
We believe in keeping our clients informed and involved in every step of the process. We will explain the legal process, potential consequences, and available options in plain language so that you can make informed decisions. We can answer your questions and support you throughout the legal process.
1. Case Evaluation and Analysis: We offer a thorough evaluation of your case, examining the evidence, witness testimonies, and any potential defenses. Our attorneys will honestly assess your situation and discuss the legal options available to you.
2. Strategic Defense Planning: A robust defense strategy is paramount in strike crime cases. Our skilled attorneys will develop a personalized defense plan tailored to the unique circumstances of your case. We will explore all possible defenses, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and work diligently to protect your rights and interests.
3. Legal Guidance and Support: Navigating the legal system can be overwhelming. Our compassionate team will guide you through every step of the process, providing clear explanations, answering your questions, and offering support during this challenging time. We are committed to keeping you informed and involved throughout your case.
4. Negotiation and Plea Bargaining: In some cases, negotiation and plea bargaining can lead to favorable outcomes. Our skilled negotiators will work diligently to engage in meaningful discussions with the prosecution to secure reduced charges, lesser penalties, or alternative sentencing options whenever possible.
5. Aggressive Trial Representation: Our trial-tested attorneys will vigorously advocate for your rights in the courtroom if your case proceeds to trial. We will present a compelling defense, challenge the prosecution’s case, cross-examine witnesses, and work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome.
Why Choose Shnider Law Firm:
Experienced Attorneys: Our attorneys have extensive experience handling strike crime cases and are well-versed in federal and California laws.
Comprehensive Defense Strategy: We take a comprehensive approach to each case we handle, analyzing the evidence and developing a customized defense strategy that considers your case’s unique circumstances.
Proactive and Meticulous: We believe in being proactive and meticulous in our approach to strike crime cases. Our attorneys will leave no stone unturned in our investigation and analysis of the evidence against you.
If you or someone you know has been accused of a strike crime, it’s crucial to seek legal representation as soon as possible. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. We are here to protect your rights and provide you with the necessary legal representation.